About 2 months ago I had a chest tube in

Patient

Q: About 2 months ago I had a chest tube in for a collapsed lung. The incinsion was made on the left of my chest kind of under it, I say that cause I have I kind of a big chest btw I'm a guy lol but anyone I quit smoking and starting workingout a week ago to get healthy and today I notice my incision looked bruised not pink like it was. Is it cause I'm lifting to much weight or cause my chest is growing again with muscle. I appreciate your time

Doctor

A:   HI.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood the history of chest tube, quitting smoking and starting to do workouts.
Your observation of : 'incision looked bruised not pink like it was. Is it cause I'm lifting too much weight or cause my chest is growing again with muscle'- noted.
It appears to me that the bruising may be due to the clothes rubbing on the scar, and the effect enhanced by the movement of the ribs and muscles attached to from within.
Since this is after 2 months, the scar is still undergoing its remodeling which is a continuous process for 9 months.
I would advise you to consult a Dermatologist or a General Surgeon so that the proper diagnosis as to whether the scar is going into hypertrophy with its changes and the need of intra-lesional steroids can be decided well.

Hope this helps.