About 2 months ago I had arthroscopic surgery to shave

Patient

Q: About 2 months ago I had arthroscopic surgery to shave down plica in my right knee. When they went in, they found that 3 bands of plica were all inflamed. Now that I am recovered, most of my knee feels good except for on the inner most part of my knee next to my kneecap I can feel that plica snapping over my knee again. If the first arthroscopic surgery failed when they just tried to shave it down, are there any more options?

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Snapping can be felt when the menisci rub against each other. It may be possible that it is not harmful. You should be concerned if it is painful. Quadriceps exercise are useful. You are asking when second arthroscopic surgery is possible. I think it can be done after 2 months of previous surgery.
Hope your query got answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.