Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > About 2 months ago, I went to urinate, had a

About 2 months ago, I went to urinate, had a

Patient: About 2 months ago, I went to urinate, had a sudden pain that felt like something burst in my bladder. There was a large amount of blood in my urine. I saw the doctor that day, and he did a dipstick urine test, and treated me for a UTI, saying that I had a bad infection. As the day went on, there was less and less blood in the urine. I had no symptoms of UTI (burning, frequent urinations, urgency, etc.) Just the initial pain, and then blood. Urine was normal a week later, but because it was so unusual, I wonder if something else could be wrong.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood the incidence that occurred with you 2 months before, and got settle d well.Yes, you are very correct. The nest investigations that you should have undergone with this history is consultation with Urologist and insisting on Cystoscopy to know the reason for what happened with you and if any positive finding to get it treated before the incidence occurs again.I hope this answers your query.

Patient: Thank you very much. Now to convince my doctor that further evaluation is appropriate.