About 2 months ago, when I was applying makeup to

Q: About 2 months ago, when I was applying makeup to my eyes, I noticed that my left eyeball was slightly higher than my right. I also felt both of my eyes at once and my left eye was poking out a tiny bit more as well. There is no noticeable difference when looking at my face. First, I went to see an optometrist for a regular check up on my vision. She did a dialated eye exam and she said everything looked fine. However, I told her about my left eye, and she measured it with some kind of ruler and said my left eye was poking out 1mm more than my right. Next, I went to have my thyroid tested and the results came back normal. Currently, my eye is in the same position it was 2 months ago, I have no vision loss and no double vision. The only two symptoms I have are eye aches around the top of my eye (very rare that I have this) and an occasional thin, shadow-like floater that goes away after a few seconds (occurs once a day or every other day) I hope to see an ophthalmologist in the future, but until then I'm concerned that it's something more serious. What could this be?

Symptoms:  Left eye aches (rarely); thin floater in left eye that goes away after a few seconds (once a day or once every other day)