Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > About 3 days ago I had severe abdominal pains that

About 3 days ago I had severe abdominal pains that

Patient: About 3 days ago I had severe abdominal pains that hurt when I moved. I took some Advil and the pain went away except for a bit of soreness. The next two days had much more mild abdominal pain along with tenderness in my abdomen. The pain spikes when I exercise. I have experienced no vomiting or fever, although the first day I was very nauseous. I am also a bit constipated as well. Do I have appendicitis?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Pain in appendicitis would be severe and also of a type of rebound in nature. A rebound type of pain is one in which there is pain when you push the skin down into the area of the appendix and this does not cause pain. Releasing this will cause severe pain. See a Doctor immediately if this is the case. All the best.Hope this helps you.