About 3 weeks ago I woke up with my knee hurting.

Patient

Q: About 3 weeks ago I woke up with my knee hurting, I think I may have bent it the wrong way while sleeping. It's been bothering me ever since, it hurts when I wake up every morning and if I have it bent longer than a few minutes. Sometimes I can't walk on it until I have it stretched out and wait for a few minutes for the pain to dull down. I don't know if I should make a doctors appointment or try to wait it out and see if it takes care of itself.

Doctor

Thanks for your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You are having non-specific knee pain. Looking to your age you may be having any ligament or meniscus injury or vitamin D3 deficiency. You can get your MRI of the knee joint and vitamin D test. If vitamin D3 is found low then you can take supplements of it. Till then you can do quadriceps exercises and take an analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief.
Hope your query get answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.