About 4 to 5 weeks ago i hit my shin

Patient: About 4 to 5 weeks ago i hit my shin on the edge bed and it got a knot and bruise on it well about 3 weeks after it happen it seemed as if knot got worse so i put some ice onand seemed to help. There is still a slight knot smaller than previously but the area on the inside of my calf is tender. I did not break the skin at all initially just wondering why.

Symptoms: Pain on the inside of calf

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think that you have a soft tissue injury. This is a injury that causes pain and swelli ng in the calf. You can try RICE on it to help you reduce the pain.Rest the are to prevent it from swelling furtherIce the area for 15 mins every hour to reduce the swellingCompress the area by using a crepe bandage and compression sleeveElevate the area by placing on top of 2 pillowsSee a Doctor if the pain does not go down after 3 days. Hope this helps you. All the best.