Ask The Doctor > Pending > About 5 days ago i woke up with a crick

About 5 days ago i woke up with a crick

Patient: About 5 days ago i woke up with a crick in my shoulder. Massaging didnt help. 2 days later that was gone but pain in subraspinatus and subscapularis stayed. It is constant and i cant yawn fully, burp, cough, sneeze etc without severe pain. I have not over exerted that arm in any way but now I’m leery about holding my newborn grandson who weighs a little ovr 9 lbs. I have full range of motion with no sharp pains. Above the right breast but at the armpit and still sensitive at the clavicle where someone would massage me if I were sitting in a chair. No pain in back. Any ideas as to what it could be? I’m also sleeping more. Not sure if its because it hurts so bad to lie in bed that I dont sleep well at night. Must say that it is Worse when laying down.

Doctor: