About 5 years ago I injured my quad kicking a ball in kick ball.

Patient: About 5 years ago I injured my quad kicking a ball in kickball. I had felt some soreness prior to the injury but kept playing. There was some bruising in the quad area the next day. I really didn’t take care of the injury well as I re injured it while I was still injured. It kept me out of running activities for about a month. I have since resumed playing sports. But if I try to jump as high as I can or if I explode of the leg I kinda feels like the quad is twisting or something. Its an uncomfortable pain. I was just wondering if this will ever go away? Or if there was something I could do about it? Im 30 year old male

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You have old injury quadriceps. You need gradually stretching and strengthening exercises to strengthen it. You can get your vitamin D level and if found low you can take supplements of vitamin D3. You need to go through a proper athletes training so that your performance increase. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.