About 5 years ago I injured my quad kicking a ball in kick ball.

Q: About 5 years ago I injured my quad kicking a ball in kickball. I had felt some soreness prior to the injury but kept playing. There was some bruising in the quad area the next day. I really didn't take care of the injury well as I re injured it while I was still injured. It kept me out of running activities for about a month. I have since resumed playing sports. But if I try to jump as high as I can or if I explode of the leg I kinda feels like the quad is twisting or something. Its an uncomfortable pain. I was just wondering if this will ever go away? Or if there was something I could do about it? Im 30 year old male

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You have old injury quadriceps. You need gradually stretching and strengthening exercises to strengthen it. You can get your vitamin D level and if found low you can take supplements of vitamin D3. You need to go through a proper athletes training so that your performance increase. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.