About 8 years ago I tore my labrum in my

Patient

Q: About 8 years ago I tore my labrum in my shoulder. It ONLY hurts when I throw a baseball. Is it possible after 8 years I can do physical therapy so I can throw again? I'm trying to avoid surgery

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Read and understood the history of a torn labrum 8 years ago.

Before deciding to through a ball or have physiotherapy, I would advise you the same:
- First of all consult an Orthopedic Surgeon for a clinical evaluation.
- Investigations like MRI or so, only if asked by him.
-Consult the Physiotherapist for an added suggestions and them just follow the advice of them.

Do not try anything at home.
Since it is 8 years the internal healing is complete long ago.