About 8 years ago I tore my labrum in my

Patient : About 8 years ago I tore my labrum in my shoulder. It ONLY hurts when I throw a baseball. Is it possible after 8 years I can do physical therapy so I can throw again? I'm trying to avoid surgery
Doctor :   Hi. Read and understood the history of a torn labrum 8 years ago. Before deciding to through a ball or have physioth erapy, I would advise you the same: - First of all consult an Orthopedic Surgeon for a clinical evaluation. - Investigations like MRI or so, only if asked by him. -Consult the Physiotherapist for an added suggestions and them just follow the advice of them. Do not try anything at home. Since it is 8 years the internal healing is complete long ago.