Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > About 8 years ago I tore my labrum in my

About 8 years ago I tore my labrum in my

Patient: About 8 years ago I tore my labrum in my shoulder. It ONLY hurts when I throw a baseball. Is it possible after 8 years I can do physical therapy so I can throw again? I’m trying to avoid surgery

Doctor: Hi.Read and understood the history of a torn labrum 8 years ago.Before deciding to through a ball or have physioth erapy, I would advise you the same:- First of all consult an Orthopedic Surgeon for a clinical evaluation.- Investigations like MRI or so, only if asked by him.-Consult the Physiotherapist for an added suggestions and them just follow the advice of them.Do not try anything at home.Since it is 8 years the internal healing is complete long ago.