About a year ago i got pruritus and irritation in

Patient

Q: About a year ago i got pruritus and irritation in my vaginal area and when i looked at the vaginal area i see this white gooy substance all over inside my vagina. It didn't smell bad. I was a virgin at that time. I also have to shower sometimes with water from a water container we have in my apartment (sometimes the water runs out of the faucet so we have that for moments when that happens)- I live in the Dominican Republic. Anyways, we put clorox in the water but i guess not enough because when i went to the doctor he told me it was candidad albicans (a yeast infection) and the cause could have been the water. He prescribed to me fluconazole one pill a week for 4 weeks. after taking the pill- two days later the irritation and itch went away. Well after some months the candida came back but without the irritation and itch. I just spotted with the white mucus on my underwear. Since i knew what it was, i saw that many people take Azo so i bought the one for yeast infections. it helped a little. ever since i would have moments where i get the candida back and there will be some scattered in my vaginal area but not so much. just enough for me to spot with the white mucus in my underwear almost everyday. I now only clean myself down there with separate water that is clean drinking water and that helped too but i still get it randomly. I stopped taking Azo and it didn't really make it worse or anything, it stayed the same.

I am a medical student so based on the books i know that there is a balance of that in my vagina and it is normal for candida to be in my vaginal area- is part of the vaginal habitat. But it seems as if now after the big candida infection a year ago, it kind of changed the balance of it in my vagina and now is just there more than it should be. I don't get irritation or pruritus anymore but is annoying to spot so much on my underwear and that being in my vagina.

I also understand that when the immune system is suppressed for whatever reason like getting sick- it will very easily appear and I've noticed that too. but it won't completely go away after im not sick anymore.

Please help me and let me know what i can do to get rid of this completely.

Symptoms:  None right now. just spotting and of the candida in my vagina, not a lot but is there.
Doctor