About my period

Patient: I just wanna know is it normal for me to get my period twice in the same month? because i just got my period the frist of last month, and then it came back on at the end of the month last month, so i just wanna know what do i need to do about that.

Doctor: I realize your concern about irregular menstruation. Let me reassure you that most irregular periods are benign. Missed periods, too frequent periods, spotting, or bouts of heavy clotting and bleeding are usually caused by an underlying hormonal imbalance that is easily treated.Common causes that can lead to hormonal imbalances are Stress which is a common cause of irregular periods. If you are fatigued, worried, or anxious this can cause your hormones to become unbalanced. Also a poor diet or extreme weight loss or gain can also affect your hormones as well as intense exercise could be some common conditions that might alter your hormonal balance. Now according to your case, apparently there is nothing to worry about if your periods are around 28 days distant one from the other. You should guide by the number of days between Menses preferably and not by months since you could confuse especially with Months that have 31 days.