Ask The Doctor > Pending > About three weeks ago I had my gullbladder taken While

About three weeks ago I had my gullbladder taken While

Patient: About three weeks ago I had my gullbladder taken. While I was in the hospital I had to answer the question “when was your last period” and I told them it had been two years since my last period. I also told them I was diagnosed with PCOS 5 years ago and shortly after I was diagnosed I lost my insurance so I was unable to be treated. So after I recovered from my surgery I started a period. I’m on day 8 now and I feel like I’m bleeding very very heavy. I have to use at least two pads and they only last two hours of that. I use like 6 tampons in a day. Cramping is really bad. I’m nauseous, light headed, tired, weak, and I’m getting very concerned. Is this normal. Could something be wrong since I haven’t had a period for two years before this. Did me getting my gullbladder out have anything to do with me starting?

Doctor: