Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > About two months ago i came out as transgender to

About two months ago i came out as transgender to

Patient: About two months ago i came out as transgender to my mother and she didn’t really react. She completely ignored me and this has made me very upset and scared of her. I am wondering if it is abuse to put your child through something like this. By something like this i mean completely ignore an important part of your child and act like nothing happened.

Symptoms: Possible depression and/or anxiety

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I do not understand what you mean exactly. Are you saying that you are physically a tran sgender or are you bisexual? I think that you can talk to a counsellor to get them to better understand the situation and help you. They may also help you with talking to your mother about this. Please understand that it may have shocked your mother and she needs to time to get over the initial shock. Wishing you the best.Hope this helps you