About two months ago I had streptococcal gingivitis I got

Patient

Q: About two months ago I had streptococcal gingivitis. I got proper care for it and since then had santized everything and anything I touched when I had it. I replaced my tooth brush once I got better as well. Now I'm showing signs that make me wonder if I have it again. I'm a stay at home college student so I usually don't go anywhere. My roomates haven't been sick and I haven't been in contact with anyone who has been ill. I have no fever but my tonsils are swollen red and have a little bit of whitish mucus in them. I'm wondering do I have streptococcal bacteria in my throat or do I just need to get my tonsils removed. Also I've been doing a warm salt water gargle/ rinse since my throat began hurting.

About two months ago I had ...-1
Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for the clear photograph. Read and understood your history. On correlating the picture with your history, I think you should consult an ENT surgeon and request for a long course of antibiotics (say 1 to 3 weeks), metronidazole for 5 days for its anaerobic effects, supportive medicines like probiotic and multivitamins.

Stop Chemical gargling. Taking small amounts water frequently keeps the area clean and moist.
If you get this done, I am sure you may not need any surgery to remove the tonsils.

Have normal full diet and avoid all the foods, particularly the packages ones and the beverages which you must have noticed to instigate or enhance the throat problems.