Abruptly stopped my birth control intake

Patient

Q: I was on birth control for a week but then just stopped taking it is that bad?

Doctor

If you were on birth control for the cause of contraceptive cover, then you should not have abruptly discontinued. Remember even if a single pill is missed, the effectiveness of contraception comes down. The pill needs to be taken regularly, apart from the pill-free week before the cycles. Also on abruptly discontinuing them, the menstrual cycles will get affected, there may be heavy bleeding, spotting or even irregular pattern in the bleeding.
Consider seeing a gynecologist help you with the dosage and starting them again. If you are planning to conceive, then you may stop them and plan ahead
Hope this helped