Abscess ruptured: Should I seek medical attention?

Patient : I have an abscess which has just ruptured and is draining with blood. I have wiped the area over with alcohol and have bandaged the area with gauze pads. This is on my leg. Is immediate medical attention necessary, or can I wait long enough to find a non-ER clinic?
Doctor :   Immediate or atleast sooner the better ,medical attention is necessary considering that it was an abcess which has ruptu red. It can lead to worsening of the infection along with spread of the infection and further complications. You will need to get the abcess cleant with sterile surgical gauze and instruments, have a swab taken and be started on antibiotics. Please consult a physician ASAP. All the best.