Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > AC (220V) shock in the fifth finger

AC (220V) shock in the fifth finger

Patient: Sir,my little finger got in touch with 220v ac current.it was in touch for 2 seconds and there was no burn mark or any wound but finger was numb.Iwent to doc and he gave me a injection and some multivitamin tablets and told it will be ok in a couple of days.now after 1 month it is still numb and i am having burning sensation in my hand up to elbow.Please advice me.thanks

Doctor: Even though that your contact with 220V of AC was brief, it was enough to produce some temporary injury of the nerves t that supply that part of your hand, meaning the ulnar nerve, that’s why you are feeling  numbness and burning sensation all the way through the elbow. I recommend that you keep taking Complex B tablets to help the recovery of the affected nerve, it will take some time but it will pass.