AC (220V) shock in the fifth finger

Patient

Q: Sir,my little finger got in touch with 220v ac current.it was in touch for 2 seconds and there was no burn mark or any wound but finger was numb.Iwent to doc and he gave me a injection and some multivitamin tablets and told it will be ok in a couple of days.now after 1 month it is still numb and i am having burning sensation in my hand up to elbow.Please advice me.thanks

Doctor

A:    Even though that your contact with 220V of AC was brief, it was enough to produce some temporary injury of the nerves that supply that part of your hand, meaning the ulnar nerve, that’s why you are feeling  numbness and burning sensation all the way through the elbow. I recommend that you keep taking Complex B tablets to help the recovery of the affected nerve, it will take some time but it will pass.