Acai Berry and Green tea supplements

Patient : Hello, I have been taking Mega-T Green T Acai Berry dietary supplement for almost four months now. The daily dose is 2 pills, but there are days where I find myself taking 4 or 5. I know that this cannot be healthy but I feel as though I cannot properly digest food anymore without this supplement. Do you have any healthy replacement suggestions for weening myself off such as a supplement to take with food that may help me metabolize and not feel so bloated after eating any amount of food? Thanks a lot, -Julie
Doctor :    Acai and green tea are used to lose weight; they are not involved in the digestion process of the food you take. There are no official guidelines on the recommended dose of Acai extract. Limited research has been carried out on the Acai berry, juice or capsules. The therapeutic daily dosage of anthocyanins, and other flavonoids from other sources, ranges from 200 to 1500mg daily. This dose may be extrapolated to Acai berry extracts. So, roughly, we would say: Acai capsules: take up to four 500mgs capsules daily with water. Acai liquid: 2 tablespoons of acai extract daily. Acai tea: 1-2 tea cups daily. If you are eating healthy, meaning, getting the right amounts of all food groups and controlling the caloric intake along with a consistent exercise routine, the result is absolutely beneficial for your health, you are combining all the factors needed to lose weight in a correct way and you will achieve your goal of getting the right weight according to you Height, age and complexion. This Amazonian fruit is a well-known source of energy, fiber and can also help in inflammation reduction. The current preparations offered in the market associate other herbs and substances with laxative properties to the Acai that are supposed to help with the “Colon Cleanse”. As I always say, “try, explore and decide” what works the best for you. Every time that you decide to try some of these herbal remedies, please make sure you read the label looking for the recommended dosage and see if you are not allergic to some of the components in those pills. And once more: no diet works without a balance nutritional regime, discipline and exercise.