x
181 Physicians Online

Question:

Acai Dosage

Many acai berry products on the market, they vary from 500-2000mg, what's a sufficient dose? And for how long we can take it for?

Answer:

There are no official guidelines on the recommended dose of Acai extract. Limited research has been carried out on the Acai berry, juice or capsules. The therapeutic daily dosage of anthocyanins, and other flavonoids from other sources, ranges from 200 to 1500mg daily. This dose may be extrapolated to Acai berry extracts. So, roughly, we would say: Acai capsules: take up to four 500mgs capsules daily with water. Acai liquid: 2 tablespoons of acai extract daily. Acai tea: 1-2 tea cups daily.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.