Accidental Eating Disorder

Patient

Q: I haven't felt hungry, and when I don't feel hungry I don't think to eat. This has been going on for a few months and has caused me to lose a lot of weight. My mom and dad think I am refusing to eat in order to lose this weight and I keep trying to convince them that I'm not. I have always felt self conscious about my body and everything but wouldn't do anything unhealthy to try to change it. Is it possible to have developed an eating disorder on accident?

Symptoms:  Headaches, dizziness, appetite loss, abdominal pain, lightheaded, loss of concentration, fatigue
Doctor