Accidently washed mouth with bleach!

Patient : Hello, my friend was bleaching the bathroom sink, however I didn't know that he had shoved bleach up the taps as well. So i washed my toothbrush and cleaned my teeth but then I got the taste of bleach and a funny feeling in my mouth. So I ran to the kitchen spat it out and washed my mouth out with water. I tried the tap again but the same thing happened. Will I have damaged my teeth or gums? My gums and lips are lighter, when will they if ever return to their normal colour? Thank you
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I started to feel lightheaded Monday just overall dizzy and not 'myself'. Saw doctor , had normal labs (metabolic pan...

Q: Hi I am a 29 year old female, non smoker non drinker no health issues. I woke up this morning to a swollen lymph node...

Q: Can I use my inhaler tonight , I just took a 20 mg prednisone. Having trouble coughing and can't cough any thing out ...

Q: If dormant can hpv be spread through French kissing and oral sex? I tested positive two years ago but have since tes...

Q: Good Morning. Last month i had colonoscopy and upper endoscopy by my GI doctor. Colonoscopy showed 6 begnin polyp...

 
DOCTOR ADVISORY BOARD
218

Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician
173

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician
138

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist
98

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon
CNN
BBC
MSNBC
CBS
abcNews
FoxNews