Accutane and Birth Control

Patient

Q: I am going to be taking the acne medicine, accutane. I am a girl and had to wait a month before starting accutane to make sure I wasn't pregnant, (I haven't started taking the medicine either currently,) and I think I want to take birth control instead of abstinence. Can I still take birth control even though I have already started the first month, but haven't actually taken accutane?

Symptoms:  Nothing
Doctor

The use of birth control pills with actuate is not advised as it reduces the efficacy of the pills during the course and may cause accidental pregnancy if sexual activity is continued. Hence barrier contraception is the best for of contraception to be used with actuate use.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,
regards