Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Accutane or Claravis Dosage Question

Accutane or Claravis Dosage Question

Patient: I’m taking Claravis twice day, what’s the minimum I should wait between each dose?

Doctor: The strength of the dose as well as the time span between each dose of Claravis vary for different individuals. Claravis absorption is enhanced in the presence of lipid or fat. Thereby your doctor would adjust the dosage schedule suitable in your case, with due consideration of  your weight, diet, age and severity of symptoms. Thus it is recommended that you follow your prescribing doctor’s advice in terms of taking this medication. In general you need to take this medication with food (with major meals of the day or minimum 6 to 8 hours gap between doses) to allow its maximum absorption and the availability for desired action.