ACL

Patient

Q: I had ACL surgery 6 months ago. Cadaver Ligament. Things have gone well but slow. I felt a slight pull in the inside of my knee. Didn't hurt really but felt odd. My questions is: would i now if i pulled out my ACL? I have no pain but have been cautious. Thank you, David

Doctor

A:   The symptoms of injury to your reconstructed ACL would be just the same as when you initially injured the ligament. That is, you woul have pain and decreased mobility and stability of the knee joint. If you do not have any of these symptoms then it is unlikely that you have injured the new ligament