Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Acne and facial skin burning.

Acne and facial skin burning.

Patient: I have slight acne and have been using Neutrogena oil free acne wash for about 3 days. (the product contains salicylic acid) Now my face is red, burns, flaking and stings.It hurts extremely bad and I have applied a calming face moisturizer and aloe vera but it has only irritated it more. What do I do?

Doctor: It seems that you may be allergic to some product which is in the face wash. I would definitely suggest to stop using it . You can apply some soothing lactocalamine lotion .Avoid using any chemicals or soap on your face for a while. In case it gets worse or persists I would advice to  see a dermatologist in order to take a look at your acne as well as the new symptoms which have arose.