Acne medication side effects.

Patient

Q: Hi,

What're your thoughts on Accutane? My dermatologist is prescribing it to me but i've heard about a lot of negative side effects.

Symptoms:  Back acne
Doctor

A:   Thank you for contacting ask the doctor.
Isotretinoin (main content of Accutane) has a lot of side effects, but your dermatologist must have weighed the benefits from the medication more than the side-effects. I recommend you take the medication prescribed and keep an open eye for the following danger symptoms like:
1. Skin rash
2. Joint Pain
3. Eye inflammation
4. Lip inflammation
5. Difficulty moving
6. Dryness and itching of the skin
7. Skin peeling
8. Thinning of the hair
Stop the medication if you notice any of the above mentioned danger symptoms and visit the dermatologist without any delay.
Hope this information was useful.