Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Acne medication side effects.

Acne medication side effects.

Patient: Hi,What’re your thoughts on Accutane? My dermatologist is prescribing it to me but i’ve heard about a lot of negative side effects.

Symptoms: Back acne

Doctor: Thank you for contacting ask the doctor.Isotretinoin (main content of Accutane) has a lot of side effects, but your dermatologist must have weighed the benefits from the medication more than the side-effects. I recommend you take the medication prescribed and keep an open eye for the following danger symptoms like:1. Skin rash2. Joint Pain3. Eye inflammation4. Lip inflammation5. Difficulty moving6. Dryness and itching of the skin7. Skin peeling8. Thinning of the hairStop the medication if you notice any of the above mentioned danger symptoms and visit the dermatologist without any delay.Hope this information was useful.