Acne on my face, chest, body.


Q: How can i get rid of acne i have it o my face and chest and body ive tryed everything thst my mom will buy she wont buy proactive

Symptoms:  Imbarasment

A:   Hello,
Acne is commonly seen in adolescence when the hormones are still immature and the estrogen levels are still lesser than the testosterone which is androgenic and the prime cause of acne. They usually need to be managed conservatively with regular face washes, keeping the skin clean and dry but if the acne is florid in distribution and spread to even chest and take the form of acne Vulgaris then you may need to seek help of a specialist who may place you on antibiotics like DOXYCYCLINE 100mg daily for 2 weeks to control infection and also prescribe anti acne creams to reduce the further spread and promote healing.
It is advised to visit your physician for a local examination and further prescription.
I hope I have answered your query in detail,
wishing you a speedy recovery,

Related Q&A

Q: I have a zit like feature on the side of my penis, I squeezed it an white stuff came out an blood but didn't hurt, sh...

Q: I Got A lot Of Red Bumps And Like One Popped And Now It's Like A Dent And A lot Of Red Spots On My Chest.

Q: Hello, I am having issues with my lymph nodes. Two specifically have been enlarged for a month- the first one on the ...

Q: I have a eczema on my hands that recently appeared and used to itch me but the doctor gave me a cream for it. Now rec...

Q: I applied elocom cream to my irritated spots on my face, and now i've seen that it has bleached/lightened the areas i...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon