Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Acne on my face, chest, body.

Acne on my face, chest, body.

Patient: How can i get rid of acne i have it o my face and chest and body ive tryed everything thst my mom will buy she wont buy proactive

Symptoms: Imbarasment

Doctor: Hello,Acne is commonly seen in adolescence when the hormones are still immature and the estrogen levels are still les ser than the testosterone which is androgenic and the prime cause of acne. They usually need to be managed conservatively with regular face washes, keeping the skin clean and dry but if the acne is florid in distribution and spread to even chest and take the form of acne Vulgaris then you may need to seek help of a specialist who may place you on antibiotics like DOXYCYCLINE 100mg daily for 2 weeks to control infection and also prescribe anti acne creams to reduce the further spread and promote healing.It is advised to visit your physician for a local examination and further prescription.I hope I have answered your query in detail,wishing you a speedy recovery,regards