Acromioclavicular joint pain

Patient

Q: Several months ago I began to experience right anterior shoulder pain when laying on my arm and used the range of motion tests ( and my spouse) from this link ( http://www.aafp.org/afp/2000/0515/p3079.html )to isolate the problem to my AC joint. I followed the recommendations online as closely as I could and my shoulder felt tons better... for about a week. I regained full ROM and everything. Then the pain came back. I rested it, felt better, pain eventually came back.

Part of the issue is that I'm right handed and my job is very physical so I can't truly rest my shoulder for the recommended time.

My question is, can you recommend a good low-cost brace that I can wear under my clothes to alleviate the pain and help expedite healing? Also, at what point should I give up on trying to fix this at home and go see my PCP? He's Family Medicine and my insurance allows for seeing a specialist without a referral so, if I do seek medical attention, should I skip the PCP and go straight to... who?

Symptoms:  Shoulder pain when moving arm across body, shoulder pain when lifting arm (with elbow bent) higher than 90 degrees, no redness, no swelling
Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD FOR AN opinion,
It is evident from the history that you have been suffering from frozen shoulder or acromioclavicular joint injury acquired during your physical nature of work. It is good to learn that you have intact gained a complete range of motion after watching exercises on the internet but it is always better that a complete evaluation is done by a specialist, an orthopaedician before a conclusive opinion can be made on the state of the joint movement.
There are no braces which are available for the shoulder to decrease the movement but instead the main stay of the treatment remains physiotherapy which has to be followed diligently. It is hence suggested that you get yourself opinionated from the specialist and there are certain range of activities, he would be able to guide you better in person which shall help you avoid causing recurrence of pain with the range of physicality your job involves.
I hope i have been able to address your concerns,
Wishing you good health,