Ask The Doctor > Pending > Acute Bursitis and Calcific Tendonitis

Acute Bursitis and Calcific Tendonitis

Patient: I have calcific tendonitis and my shoulder is freezing. The pain is unbearable at times. Especially during the night. my doctor wants to continue injecting cortisone. I am against this. I have done 6 months of PT, 6 cortisone shots in the last year. I am so frustrated and feeling hopeless. The calcium deposits are plentiful and in the rotator cuff area as well as the bicep muscle (recently had an MRI). I also have OA in the shoulder. Where do I go from here?

Symptoms: Limited range of motion, severe pain, frozen shoulder, neck pain (muscle), muscle spasms in the neck on same side, beginning to feel pain in the right shoulder as well.

Doctor: