Acute Shoulder Pain with thin scars and shivering!

Patient

Q: INTRO: I'm a 30 yr old software guy who work on the computer (mouse on the right hand) for about 12 hours a day. HISTORY: The joint of my right hand has been paining since over 5 years now, and I've been advised only exercise by local doctors. Some said there's a cyst, while others said cyst is an incidental finding only. Physiotherapy also didn't help, though heavy exercise at the gym helps relieve pain. SYMPTOMS: Acute pain. Sometimes, I find thin scars in the area, like it has been scratched with sharp nails! And sometimes, the shoulder muscle starts shivering. MORE INFO: Looking at an anatomy picture, I think the pain is somewhere in the synovial membrane of the joint capsule or in the humerus(greater tubercle) or at the glenohumeral joint. it helps if I bring my arm close to my body.

Doctor

A:   Your symptoms seem to be work related due to the excessive strain of sitting on the computer. You need to take regular breaks while doing the same. I would also advice you to get an xray of the wrist as well as the shoulder joint done so as to rule out any other pathology.The scars may be due to constant friction. Use a ergonomic chair while sitting on the computer which will also help. All the best.