ADD AND ADHD Side Effects

Q: I have been diagnosed with Co-morbid ADHD 4 months ago, since the past 2 weeks i have been feeling tight chest, shortness of breath and dizziness , burning eyes, was wondering what i could do about it, as it is debilitating. I am currently taking Ritalin 10mg, Atarax 10mg and Quitepin 50mg . I appreciate your assistance.

Symptoms:  Coughing, dizziness, short breath, muscle weakness, eyes burn

Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.
The symptoms of tight chest, shortness of breath, dizziness suggest that you could be having a gastritis and esophageal re-flux disease. This can lead to the mentioned symptoms. It may be due to any othe drugs that you are taking presently. I would suggest that instead of changing the drugs, you may add up an OTC anti-acid preparation like pantoprazole. If the symptoms still persist then meet your doctor and get the medicines revised.
Hope this helps,
Wish you a good health.