Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > ADD AND ADHD Side Effects

ADD AND ADHD Side Effects

Patient: I have been diagnosed with Co-morbid ADHD 4 months ago, since the past 2 weeks i have been feeling tight chest, shortness of breath and dizziness , burning eyes, was wondering what i could do about it, as it is debilitating. I am currently taking Ritalin 10mg, Atarax 10mg and Quitepin 50mg . I appreciate your assistance.

Symptoms: Coughing, dizziness, short breath, muscle weakness, eyes burn

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for using “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.The symptoms of tight chest, shortness of breath, diz ziness suggest that you could be having a gastritis and esophageal re-flux disease. This can lead to the mentioned symptoms. It may be due to any othe drugs that you are taking presently. I would suggest that instead of changing the drugs, you may add up an OTC anti-acid preparation like pantoprazole. If the symptoms still persist then meet your doctor and get the medicines revised.Hope this helps,Wish you a good health.