ADD or Brain Underdevelopment?

Patient

Q: Hi, I am a 14-15 year old teenager and I constantly feel that I am unaware of what is happening around me most of the time. I am constantly making decisions unconsciously. I was wondering if this could this be the cause of brain underdevelopment? (I can't seem to concentrate on any subject/conversation/activity for too long without straying - could this be from ADD?)

Symptoms:  Unawareness, focus problems, headaches
Doctor

Thanks for choosing "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.
Your symptoms do suggest that you have attention deficit disorder. But this diagnosis requires careful observation of your behaviour and your past history as well. If the symptoms have stayed for long since childhood then it is likely to be an attention deficit disorder. This illness has good treatment options available. Medicines such as methylphenidate or adderall can be very useful to help you with your symptoms. Do meet your doctor and get your diagnosis verified.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

Wish you good health!