Adderall and Inability to Focus

Q: I am 16 years old, and I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 8. My pediatrician recently recommended that I take Adderall XR, because it has gotten really bad over the past year. I am taking the generic brand, because my insurance doesn't cover the real stuff. The first month taking it was great, but since the second month started, I can't seem to focus anymore. I know I still have ADD, so that's not the issue. My grades have started to drop, and my question is: What do I do? Should I try taking Ritalin or a different non-stimulant medication? I've already ruled out taking any antidepressants. Please help!

Symptoms:  Inability to focus, 15 lb weight loss in 2 mon, emotional, difficulty sleeping