Adderall for ADHD and Emergency Contraception

Patient: Will the abortion pill be effective if I am also taking 20mg of adderall daily? I took the morning after pill within 24 hours and it was not effective. Thank you so much for this great service.

Doctor: Just to clarify, Levonorgestrel is used in emergency contraception pills to prevent:The release of an egg from th e ovaryThe fertilization of an egg by spermA fertilized egg from attaching to the uterusIt is not an abortion pill. It should not be used to terminate an already conceived pregnancy.The pill works best when taken within 24 hours of unprotected sex and should only be used in emergency situations. It is not recommended as a method for birth control.There are no interactions between adderall and the emergnecy contraception pill.

Was this answer helpful?

View all posts