Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Addicting to masturbating, how do I stop?

Addicting to masturbating, how do I stop?

Patient: Hi ..I like masturbating earlier. But now it has become a kind of anxiety i just can’t live without it . I mean I have a kind of anxiety in which I can’t control myself to masturbate and on an avg. Masturbate 5 times a day. But I want to stop myself please help me

Symptoms: Anything which can turn me on or whenever I sit to study or on my study chair

Doctor: I could understand your concern.Masturbation is a healthy way of achieving pleasure.The frequency of masturbation s hall be at it its peak around 20 years of age.Stop feeling guilty of doing so.If you are still unable to concentrate on studies, do meditation and yoga which shall make you feel relaxed. Even then you are unable to concentrate, better consult a clinical psychologist at your place.Hope I have cleared your concern.Wishing You a healthy Sexual Life

Guest: I have and am starting to get better with this problem. Keep yourself distracted, give yourself a fun new hobby, work hard at your job, but keep your self busy an you will end up forgetting about it.