ADHD and prescription of Ritalin

Patient

Q: How do I go about getting a prescription for Ritalin. I was diagnosed with ADHD at 14, I haven't take the medication for some time now however being back at Uni, I am feeling the need to go back on the medication to assist in content retention.

Symptoms:  I find it balances my emotions, assists in retaining information, enables better concentration therefore I feel writing essays will be better. I only intend to take the medication during Uni time but not on the weekends etc as most of my characteristics I have managed to use other strategies to ease.
Doctor