Adult Circumcision

Patient

Q: What kind of doctor does a grown man see who was not circumsised as a child, but now has problems and wishes to look into the possibility of circumsision?

Doctor

A:   Circumcision is the procedure in which the foreskin of the penis is surgically removed.  The procedure is performed under either general or regional or local anesthesia depending on patient and surgeon preference. The foreskin is removed and stitches used to prevent blood loss and help healing. In an adult this procedure is done by an urologist.