Advice about small bumps on side of shaft.

Q: I have been sexually inactive for over a year and a half. I practice safe sex. I am 25. I have noticed 15 or 16 small tiny white bumps (which are not in clumps) on the left side and underside of my penis shaft. They are about 1mm. They are very similar to the papules I have right under the head of my penis. I regularly masturbate. I have had these bumps for almost a month. I am going to a clinic very soon to get a test. I am enrolled to be in the military and they gave me a full physical 5 months ago. Examining my genitals, feeling for lumps, blood test, etc... If it was something serious (like HIV), I would not have been able to enroll.

I am wondering if this is a skin infection, genital herpes, HPV, genital warts, rash from excessive masturbation, etc...