Advice for ciring fever

Patient: Doctor , I had fever for 7 days.During night temperature is going high and shivering also.But during day it look normal.Urine result is fine but in blood test it is found that SGPT is of 98iu/l .Doctor prescribed some tablets but still the fever is not cured.Please give me some advice doc..

Symptoms: Fever with shivering

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for choosing “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.If you are getting daily fever then it i s a cause of worry. You have not mentioned the other test results, and I suppose they have come normal. SGPT of 98 is not very high and can be controlled with time. I would suggest that you get your malaria test repeated and also request for a blood culture and sensitivity test. These can help you in guiding which medication to prefer. Do meet your doctor and get these tests done.Hope I am able to answer your concerns.Wish you good health!