Advice on concussion and endep: is there a connection?

Patient : Hi, I am a kickboxer who has come off a 3 year break due to health reasons. I have been on endep 50 amititrypiline for 3 years to treat chronic nausea. now i am back training I have been getting concussed and knocked out alot where I never used to before. so the question is - has the endep 50 made me more vulnerable to concussion ? thankyou, Greg
Doctor :     Endep ie Amityptaline is a tricyclic antidepressant and works by inhibiting serotonin and nor epinephrine re uptake ie e it works at the chemical neurotransmitter level. Thus there is no way in which it can make you more susceptible or vulnberable to a concussion as a concussion usually occurs due to trauma or brain damage. I hope this helps.