Advice on possible concentration and memory problems

Q: Hello sorry to disturb you,

I was looking for some advice in regards to a possible problem with concentration.

I find it very difficult to maintain levels of concentration with the slightest distraction throwing me off course. It didn't always used to be like this just in the 8 or so years of on and off studying varying from home studying to degree level. My concern is that I'll never finish my studies and get a worthwhile career as things stand. Memory also seems to be a concern, as it is considerably worse than it used to be, perhaps due to the poor concentration.

My question is, is it worthwhile for me to visit a gp or are they likely to just say it's normal for a man as has happened when discussing this with others in the past? I'm a male, 29 years old with no diagnosed conditions.

Thank you for your time

Symptoms:  Poor concentration, poor memory