Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > After a month of an abortion could it be possible

After a month of an abortion could it be possible

Patient: After a month of an abortion could it be possible to get pregnant but still have your period

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.If you are not using any methods of contraception and had i ntercourse around the time of ovulation, pregnancy is possible after one month of abortion.Rarely during pregnancy bleeding on expected date of periods can be seen as small gestational sac cannot completely obliterate the uterine cavity.If you want to rule out the possibility of pregnancy, please go for urine pregnancy test once.Take care.