Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > After Ingrown toenail removal

After Ingrown toenail removal

Patient: Hi, yesterday I had an ingrown toenail removed and today I accidentally did two things I wasn’t supposed to. The toe got a little wet in the shower and I did an exercising activity for about ten minutes, will those things affect my recovery in any way? I do not always no those things they just happened once.

Doctor: No, those things that you did will not affect the recovery, make sure that you apply consistently the topical antibiotic prescribed by your doctor, keep the area clean, wear open-toed shoes or sandals until you feel better, if there is pain you can take over-the-counter pain relievers as acetaminophen (“Tylenol”). In the future, trim your nails straight across not too short, wear shoes that fit you properly.