After not having my period for a month i experienced

Patient : After not having my period for a month i experienced very painful cramps and passed a rather large chunk of flesh while having what i thought was my period. Could it be a miscarriage?
Symptoms:  Heavy bleeding/cramping
After not having my period ...-1
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Yes, it could be a miscarriage although you were on contraception, no contraception can be hundred percent effective. Also, consult a gynecologist to confirm the same and in case of a spontaneous miscarriage, you will need to undergo a check scan to see if the abortion is complete, else you might experience continuous heave bleeding and can go into infection. Hope this was helpful. Regards