Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > After not having my period for a month i experienced

After not having my period for a month i experienced

Patient: After not having my period for a month i experienced very painful cramps and passed a rather large chunk of flesh while having what i thought was my period. Could it be a miscarriage?

Symptoms: Heavy bleeding/cramping

After not having my period ...-1

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Yes, it could be a miscarriage although you were on contraception, no contraception can be hundred percent effective.Also, consult a gynecologist to confirm the same and in case of a spontaneous miscarriage, you will need to undergo a check scan to see if the abortion is complete, else you might experience continuous heave bleeding and can go into infection.Hope this was helpful.Regards