Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > After running I suffer from knee pains right below my

After running I suffer from knee pains right below my

Patient: After running I suffer from knee pains right below my kneecap. I believe I have a hereditary knee condition since my knees usually almost always either somewhat hurt or hurt a lot. Also, most people in my family suffer from the same condition. What can I do to eliminate, if not, reduce the pain? My knees also feel uncomfortable while ruining. Are there any warm ups I can do before I run that focuses on my knees?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.You seem to be suffering from Knee ligament injury or Acute Musc ular Pain.I would advise you to get following investigations done:1. X-ray Knee2. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D levels.3. ESR, CRPI would advise following for knee pain:1. To do knee and quadriceps strengthening exercises.2. To do hot fomentation of the knee3. Apply diclofenac ointment locally4. To take Pain killers like Diclofenac only if the pain is severe and there are no contraindications for their use.5. Don’t climb stairs, avoid bucket holding.6. Don’t sit in squatting position.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy