After running I suffer from knee pains right below my
Patient :After running I suffer from knee pains right below my kneecap. I believe I have a hereditary knee condition since my knees usually almost always either somewhat hurt or hurt a lot. Also, most people in my family suffer from the same condition. What can I do to eliminate, if not, reduce the pain? My knees also feel uncomfortable while ruining. Are there any warm ups I can do before I run that focuses on my knees?
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.
You seem to be suffering from Knee ligament injury or Acute Muscular Pain.
I would advise you to get following investigations done:
1. X-ray Knee
2. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D levels.
3. ESR, CRP
I would advise following for knee pain:
1. To do knee and quadriceps strengthening exercises.
2. To do hot fomentation of the knee
3. Apply diclofenac ointment locally
4. To take Pain killers like Diclofenac only if the pain is severe and there are no contraindications for their use.
5. Don’t climb stairs, avoid bucket holding.
6. Don’t sit in squatting position.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.
I hope it helps.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.