After starting birth control pills I got my period twice in one month

Patient

Q: I went to planned parenthood about 2 months ago and was given birth control pills. I got my period 2 weeks ago, it was light and lasted about 3 days and since then I have not taken the pill regularly and missed a couple of days, today I got my period again, it was also a light period but I have cramps now. Is that normal? What should I do? I don't want to take the pill anymore, it has increased my weight and I'm looking for an alternative.

Symptoms:  Cramps
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
Your period coming two times in the same month is because of the hormonal imbalance or changes which occurred due to your irregular usage of the birth control pills. If you do not want to use birth control pills, then you can opt for usage of a condom & follow safe period sexual intercourse or the withdrawl method. If you already have kids you can consult a doctor or GP to get an intrauterine device inserted to avoid an unwanted pregnancy.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.