After starting birth control pills I got my period twice in one month

Patient: I went to planned parenthood about 2 months ago and was given birth control pills. I got my period 2 weeks ago, it was light and lasted about 3 days and since then I have not taken the pill regularly and missed a couple of days, today I got my period again, it was also a light period but I have cramps now. Is that normal? What should I do? I don’t want to take the pill anymore, it has increased my weight and I’m looking for an alternative.

Symptoms: Cramps

Doctor: Thank you for your query.Your period coming two times in the same month is because of the hormonal imbalance or change s which occurred due to your irregular usage of the birth control pills. If you do not want to use birth control pills, then you can opt for usage of a condom & follow safe period sexual intercourse or the withdrawl method. If you already have kids you can consult a doctor or GP to get an intrauterine device inserted to avoid an unwanted pregnancy.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.