After three years on the implanon, i'm at a loss over what contraceptives would work!

Q: Could the injection or the IUD work for me? i've had the implanon for 3 years now and have had no end of trouble with continuous bleeding, i've tried the pill (to get my cycle back on track) and it hasn't made a difference. It's driving me crazy, and i want to know what my long term contraceptive options are (i don't trust the effectiveness of the pill alone). My mother had to have an IUD removed because of the same problem with bleeding. The reason i had the implanon inserted was because i wanted contraception and to stop my periods altogether! I really want to try a new birth control option, but i am at a loss at what to choose! What would you suggest?