Age 21, have high blood pressure and currently take lisinopr

Patient

Q: Age 21, have high blood pressure and currently take lisinopril and atenolol. Cardiologist results show heart/arteries are good, but have continuous fluttering in chest. Should i be worried?

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.

What you are feeling is called as Palpitations.
They can be because of anxiety. However, since you are suffering from Young Hypertension, you would require to get evaluated for cardiac issues.
However, I would like to rule out Thyroid issues in cases of Palpitations.
Many a times, people on any medications can also feel the palpitations like people taking Salbutamol for Asthma.
I would advise you to get following investigations done:
1.Thyroid Profile
2.ECG
3. Holter monitoring.
If they are normal, you should start practicing yoga and meditation.
Avoid smoking, alcohol consumption, excess of caffeine.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.