Agonsing Knee pain with almost no mobility and no help

Patient: Hello, I have been having knee pain for the past two years since i had a fall during work. I have since had to quit because my knee pain made work completely impossible as at the moment I cannot walk further than three houses from where I live without being in so much pain that I actually cry. I have seen my dr who had an xray done which came back with nothing broken currently, and he recommended physio which he didn’t realise I have been doing since my accident with no relief. I don’t know what would be my next stop. I seriously believe that I may have a serious mobility problem due to my limit of walking which also means I am unable to work with money being tight due to a 5 month old baby I am starting to get more depressed (which I am already taking medication for)

Symptoms: Knee pain, Limited Mobility, Depression

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.You seem to be suffering from Knee ligament injury.I would adv ise you to get following investigations done:1. X-ray Knee2. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D levels.3. ESR, CRPI would advise following for knee pain:1. To do knee and quadriceps strengthening exercises.2. To do hot fomentation of the knee3. Apply diclofenac ointment locally4. To take Pain killers like Diclofenac only if the pain is severe and there are no contraindications for their use.5. Don’t climb stairs, avoid bucket holding.6. Don’t sit in squatting positionShare my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.