Agonsing Knee pain with almost no mobility and no help
Patient :Hello, I have been having knee pain for the past two years since i had a fall during work. I have since had to quit because my knee pain made work completely impossible as at the moment I cannot walk further than three houses from where I live without being in so much pain that I actually cry. I have seen my dr who had an xray done which came back with nothing broken currently, and he recommended physio which he didn't realise I have been doing since my accident with no relief. I don't know what would be my next stop. I seriously believe that I may have a serious mobility problem due to my limit of walking which also means I am unable to work with money being tight due to a 5 month old baby I am starting to get more depressed (which I am already taking medication for)
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.
You seem to be suffering from Knee ligament injury.
I would advise you to get following investigations done:
1. X-ray Knee
2. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D levels.
3. ESR, CRP
I would advise following for knee pain:
1. To do knee and quadriceps strengthening exercises.
2. To do hot fomentation of the knee
3. Apply diclofenac ointment locally
4. To take Pain killers like Diclofenac only if the pain is severe and there are no contraindications for their use.
5. Don’t climb stairs, avoid bucket holding.
6. Don’t sit in squatting position
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.
I hope it helps.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.